A house that sparks with a touch
New owners of a house in the city of Chongqing in western China often feel static sparks when they touch door knobs and some home appliances.
The 56-year-old woman surnamed Dai and her husband moved into the house last September and she began to feel sparks. At first, her husband thought she was suffering anxiety disorder, but after he got shocked, he realized there is something wrong with their house.
To prove their perception, Dai also invited neighbors to experience what they felt and they found even the water tap, flower pots and wooden doors in the house generate static.
Dai was forced to abandon her plan of inviting guests to her new home during the Labor Day holiday. She has informed the decoration company, property management company and utilities company to investigate her house.